Hello! If you thought of the song from High School Musical when you read the title of this blog, then we need to be friends and you’re in the right place. My name is Meghan Conklin and I’m teaming up with Kim Cook of Teen World Confidential to provide adolescents and young adults with my best advice, information, and resources on sexual health. Sexual health is a combination of physical, mental, emotional, and social well-being. I’m here to encourage you to talk about the talk about sex. My purpose is to be a bridge between you and your parent/trusted adult. If you feel that you do not have that person in your life, then I’m here to direct you to reliable resources that everyone can use. This blog will encourage a positive, respectful approach to sexuality. Each week I’ll be discussing different topics in sexual health – from the lasting themes in sexuality to the modern issues we all want to know more about.
You’re probably wondering who is this person that’s trying to share advice and information with you on some of the most personal aspects in your life…
To start off, here are some quick facts about me:
- I am 20 years old and live in Northern New York. (Northern meaning that I’m 20 minutes from the Canadian border, and I do get mildly offended when people consider Albany to be Northern New York.)
- I am a senior at the State University of New York (SUNY) at Potsdam. I major in Public Health and minor in Sexual Health and Women and Gender’s Studies.
- I’m the youngest of three girls, an auntie to four sweet babes, and the mom of one cat.
- If you ever need to find me, the first places to check are T.J. Maxx and Target.
- In addition to my job at Teen World Confidential, I work at a gym in my hometown.
- I’m a Virgo which means I thrive on being busy. I enjoy organizing my belongings more than most people and filling out a weekly planner is one of the greater joys in my life.
- I know the lyrics of too many Eminem songs, my Christmas music starts the day after Thanksgiving, and I shamefully binge-watch The Bachelor. #TeamAshleyP
…And that sums it all up. By no means do I consider myself a “sexpert.” I can promise you that I do not have the answers to everything. (What 20-year-old does?) But I also promise you that I will do my best for you. If you have any questions, I’m here. If there are any topics you want me to write about, please let me know!
If you made it to the end of this blog, then thank you. I cannot wait to see where this journey takes us.